Friday 8 April 2011

an apology

Im sorry i havent been with it this week but I have been trying to sort out storage for all my stuff at halls. On top of that havent been well and had to sort that out too. I know its no excuse but i will be back on track monday to help out with the set construction. I can assure you its not through laziness as i need to know how to build it as much as you do but this hasnt been a great week for me and its unfortunately spilt over into my uni life.
On a more positive note my autocad is finished- i have only done one of the chairs as i struggled with it. I intend to make one from scratch (it wont be sit-on-able) and hopefully buy one and alter it. I will start making after easter as my nan has one of the chairs and im going to have a good look at it at easter so i know how to get it looking the best i can. I am looking for a rocking chair- anyone know where i can look for one? Cheap junk shops? I might go today and see if i can find anything if i have time.

If anyone wants to look at my blog i went to the V&A and took some pictures of art nouveau furniture there- it might be useful. There was a nice fire screen and a really nice chair. Also a plate and vases which could be made by us to look similar?


No comments:

Post a Comment