Tuesday 22 March 2011

Sofa Design One

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty motivated by the decision to build a sofa, so I sketched out a quick design of one I found on the Internet.

Let me know what you think, I'm about to design another one as I type this. The furniture look's to be very Art Nuveau, which has lot's of character.

The scale of the Sofa will be about 5ft wide, a simple two seater sofa and about 4ft high from the highest point. I don't have a tape measure to hand so the scale may be some what surreal, I will get my tape measure tomorrow and decide on the specific size of the sofa.


I'm contemplating whether or not to make the sofa look distressed, because Gregor has trouble moving around in his room, and when he hide's under the Sofa he may rip it and it may become worn over time.

3 comments:

  1. I think it should look worn and damagaed but I don't think this needs to be shown in the drawings we just need a simple drawing to show what it will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool I'm on it! Yeh I'm not bothering showing it in the drawing's just drawing different shapes and styles so when we choose one, we can then research into the wear and tear features of a worn out sofa.

    ReplyDelete